Monday, December 24, 2012

Prayer in Vilcabamba



ThaHAhank you for all the interest about my upcoming Goddess retreat in Ecuador  - a great question - why Pray in Vilcabamba?

The name of the valley comes from the Quechua language of Inca derivation.  It  is composed of two words, Huilco meaning "sacred" or "Goddess" and Bamba meaning "valley"; hence, "valley of Goddess" or "Sacred Valley."

Hidden away, deep in the Andes Mountains of South America, lies this peaceful valley called Vilcabamba  - an idyllic land of lush, subtropical agriculture where nearly every imaginable grain, fruit, and vegetable grows wild for the picking. It is a veritable paradise on Earth, and by legend, proposed to be the original Garden of Eden.

Over the years the Sacred Valley has been called: "The Isle of Immunity for Heart Disease, The Land of Eternal Youth, The Valley of Peace and Tranquility, and The Lost Paradise."

It has been given these labels because of the valley's solitude, serenity, clean air, dazzling sun, nearly constant blue sky, pure mineral drinking water, medicinal herbs, green fields, towering mountains, friendly people, lack of illness, and a kind of ubiquitous beauty that penetrates to one's soul and provides a sense of well-being.   
 

It is here that my soul is calling me to nurture and rechaHAharge my batteries and find the STRENGTH to bring peace to my world in 2013.

It is here that my body gets restored and rejuvenated and grounded.  So I can return to South Florida and absorb the electromagnetic force fields and create love.

It is here that my mind is free to rest and become creative and play. And then remember which way to go and flow.

It is here where I can best hear my song so I can shaHAhare it with the world.  

It is here where I will pray and whisper my desires out into the Universe and tap my toes and wrinkle my nose and send my fairy dust out into the World.


No comments:

Post a Comment