Monday, February 18, 2013

Connection



I love to dance. I find great joy in moving my body to the sound of a beat.

Music moves my soul which in turn makes my body shake and vibrate and turns off my mind.  It's a powerful meditation.


I needed a place to dance, since nightclubs are not my scene and weddings and celebrations are far and few in between.  I created and organized FlashMobs-Miami meetup.


What is a Flashmob, you ask?


It's when a group of people connect for a social event in a public place and then disperse.  In our case, we learn choreography to songs, we meet in public places, we dance together and then we disappear.  What happens is it brings great joy to the dancers as well as the observers who are totally surprised and mesmerized as it occurs.


This week, our Flashmob was part of a movement called One Billion Rising - we came together to dance as our way to raise awareness and stop the violence against women.  As the weather shifted on Valentine's Day, a courageous group of 35 people came together to rehearse and Rise.  We danced and laughed and marched.  In the pouring rain we danced - not once but twice.  As these OMazing people danced, I could feel the joy in my heart bubbling over.  Their excitement and enthusiasm was contagious and heartfelt.


There's something about dancing and flashing that makes you feel euphoric and connected to others who have the daring and chutzpah to show up and dance.  We danced for the Cause and just BEcause. We danced as others all over the world were doing the same - being connected to strangers who are all part of the same tribe.


OMazing!!!


A great big thaHAhank you to the pleasure revolutionaries who danced in the rain and did it again.  A great big thaHAhank you to the members of my tribe who connected with my heart by allowing their souls to dance and moving their bodies to the rhythm of mine.  ThaHAhank you for our connection.  


I celebrate you and me and WE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment