Monday, July 7, 2014

MY RELIGION IS KINDNESS


OUR TRUTH - MY RELIGION IS KINDNESS


    "My religion is kindness
     My church is nature
     My God is a feeling that lives deep inside
     My job is to be conscious
     My path is forgiveness
     My religion is kindness and
     I practice it every day"

   
These words are the lyrics to Karen Drucker's song.  Many years ago, I got disillusioned with life.  I started to looking deep within.  Following the wise words of Don Miguel Ruiz, I looked at the "mitote" (fog) that was my life and the cacophony of voices in my head that were not mine.  I started taking inventory of my agreements (false beliefs, self importance, fears, layers of denial and justifications).  I began to question my religion - I studied other religions - found the same thing - people preaching LOVE and kindness and doing different.  A hypocrisy that my body could no longer accept.   I let go of my religion (Losing my Religion, REM) and followed a spiritual path.  The words of Karen Drucker's song above resonated with my heart. As do most of her lyrics and songs.  As I was shedding agreements, I chose one.  KINDness.

I choose KINDness.  Straightforward and Simple.  KINDness.  At its most basic, kindness is just being nice.  To myself first.  Stopping the chahahatter in my head of what was wrong with me or how I did not measure up. As I built up my kindness muscle,I learned to truly love myself.  By remembering my true nature and performing random acts of kindness, it started to overflow.  KINDness for others - genuinely caring about people since WE ARE ALL ONE.  What I noticed was that the more kindness I shahahared, the more I received.  I realized that every interaction (with myself and others) was an opportunity for kindness.  A chahahance to smile or just say Hello (I see you).  

I became very conscious that it's a choice I get to make, MOMent by MOMent.  And I am far from perfect.  There were days when I had a hard time smiling or sharing a kind word.  So I practice.  I make an effort to be kind to myself daily.  I meditate, I laugh, I dance.  I fill my pleasure reservoir so it can spill over and flood the world with joy.

I realize that there is no thing I need to do but be me.  My JOY of BEING is to be loving kindness.  In as many MOMents as I can.  And then stepping out of my comfort zone and practicing more kindness with myself and others - just because I can.

I am blessed to surround myself with like minded people in my life.   I have a friend named Bob.  Bob and his dog Bogart bless me with their presence when they are in South Florida by parking their big blue bus under my trees.  I get to wake up in the morning and see this on my front swale.  To see more about Bob and Bogart,look below the bus.




No comments:

Post a Comment