Monday, April 8, 2013

Flexibility


The captain of a ship received a message one night, "Change your direction 15 degrees North to avoid collision”.

A little indignant, the captain replied, “I am the captain of a large ship and recommend you divert 15 degrees South”.

The captain received the reply, “We are a lighthouse”.

No matter who you are, life requires flexibility.

Laughing for no reason really helped me learn the Art of Flexibility.   Practicing and strengthening my HAHA muscle embodied it within me.  

I was not always this way.  I used to be a paralegal in a law firm with 18 attorneys.  I used to be a "Type A" personality (overachiever, hard-driven, and every thing had to be perfectly done my way or oy va voy).  Talk about a lot of stress in my head and body.

All that extra stress showed up in my body in so many different ways - tight muscles, tension headaches, IBS, fibromyalgia, heart palpitations, overeating).   


Laughing for no reason gave me the opportunity to chaHAhange my situation and the way I look at things. The ShaHAhakti Shake gave me an outlet to shaHAhake my thoughts loose and release tension out of my body and stomp it into the ground.  Being in the park under the trees and breathing the fresh air - ah what a relief it is!!!

Of course, learning the Art of anything takes time.  Reading about it is a YES, I understand.  Experiencing it, that is a YES, I get it in my bones.Ha ha to A-ha.


To be flexible - to accept and BREATHE and ease myself in.   To laugh at myself and chaHAhange my thoughts or release any expectations of how things need to be.  To trust and surrender to what the Universe brings and be open to flowing with what is.


In the HAhaHAppy lifestyle I am building, to remain alkaline and fluid, I find ways to keep my stress at a minimum.  Laughter is one of my play resources.  Flexibility is another great tool to play with.  It keeps me loosey goosey.  So I can make my life easy peasy.  Woohoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment