Monday, April 1, 2013

Prayer and Signs



I arrived in Ecuador on a dark and dreary rainy night.  It was cold and damp and I took a taxi to my hotel.  When I woke up the next morning in my hotel room in downtown Quito, it was slightly chillier than I care for.   I was up early to head back to the airport for my next flight to Loja.

For me, this trip was about surrender and trusting my INtuition.  Knowing I am in Ecuador for a purpose that was still yet to be revealed to me.  So I prayed to the Universe.  Give me a sign.  
Show me irrefutable proof that I am supposed to be here today.   

Hahaha.  Careful what you ask for.  

At Quito national airport (domestic flights), I checked in, went through security,  waited in the departure lounge when I hear my my name called on the intercom.  

"Please report to the ticket counter for baggage inspection with police."   Which means I have to go through the security screening and across the airport back to the ticket counter.  Except as I tried to go against the current through a side door for exits, I got pushed back by a security guard.  El Presidente!! El Presidente!!! 

And there he was, the President of Ecuador, Rafael Correo - surrounded by security, shaking hands of people waiting on the side, and then he came right by me - stopped, looked in my eyes and kissed my right cheek.   Did this just haHAhappen?  

As he and his crew move on by, I get pushed through.  I go to the ticket counter, meet police, and go through my luggage until they are satisfied.  I wait through the security line and put my bags through the scanner and enter the departure lounge.  This time I get swept up by a wave of people behind me and get pushed right into  El Presidente and his security guard who keeps me from falling.  

El Presidente gives me his hand and I am once again in front of him.  He asks me where I am from.  He asks me what I think of his country.  I tell him I love his country.  He tells me he loves his country too.  He asks me to return.  He takes a picture with me.

I get it Great Pussy in the Sky - thank you for the clear and OMazing signs.  I am here to figure it out by surrendering and allowing it to haHAhappen.  So be it.

And this was just the beginning of my OMazing day - woohoo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment